ExpressVPN is one of the few VPNs available on your Chromebook, and it is all designed to work with the ExpressVPN Android application. Additionally, it does not require you to use a Chrome extension in order to run it, so just installing the ExpressVPN for Android is all you need to do.
But, since Chromebooks rely largely on internet connectivity for the majority of its operations, they generate more traffic on a network than standard laptops, putting your information at risk. To be fair, Chromebooks are quite secure right out of the box. However, if you know how to operate a virtual private network (or VPN) on a Chromebook, you can always boost its security.
In this blog, we will explain how to configure ExpressVPN on Chromebook.
ExpressVPN – Top ExpressVPN On ChromeBook
Because of its lightning-fast speeds, ExpressVPN is our top VPN for Chromebook. The service does not complicate your internet connection, which is beneficial because Chromebooks require a fast VPN connection to function properly. It also easily overcomes geo-restrictions and is ideal for streaming videos from Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime Video, and BBC iPlayer.
ExpressVPN On ChromeBook Auto Installation
The VPN application can be easily downloaded from the Google Play Store by clicking on the Launcher in the underside edge of the screen and then hitting search. Now, you may locate the ExpressVPN app by searching for it on the Play Store, and you will have access to it. To begin downloading the app, simply click the Install button.
ExpressVPN On ChromeBook Manual Configuration
- Kindly enter your ExpressVPN account details to log in. When you get to the ExpressVPN setup window, input your ExpressVPN user credentials.
- Download the VPN connection on the desktop of your Chromebook. In the lower right corner of the browser window, click the time and after that, click to exit from the VPN.
How to Add a ExpressVPN on ChromeBook?
- Select the time in the lower right corner to set the time.
- Go to the Settings tab.
- At the bottom of the page, you can locate the Google Play Store.
- Manage Android Preferences is where you may manage your Android preferences.
- From the drop-down option, click PPTP VPN.
- Now, you will have to click Add in the upper right corner.
- After that, you should complete the info in the appearing box.
- Be assured that you have saved your money.
How to Activate ExpressVPN On ChromeBook?
- Please subscribe to ExpressVPN if you have not already done so.
- The ExpressVPN browser plugin for Google Chrome is usable.
- To connect now, click the ExpressVPN extension icon. When you click the On switch, ExpressVPN will connect immediately.
Can You Use a VPN on ChromeBook?
Chromebooks can be connected to private networks, such as those at work or school, through VPN (Virtual Private Network) connections. These Chromebooks will provide you with the built-in L2TP VPN over IPsec functionality, allowing you to protect your VPN.
What other VPNs Work With ChromeBooks?
- NordVPN is one of the top-rated VPNs for Chromebooks.
- Surf Shark provides unlimited VPN connections.
- Atlas VPN is ideal for Chrome users.
- VPNs in the Chrome OS VP category are reasonably priced.
- IPVanish accounts are stored encrypted.
How to Manually Integrate ExpressVPN?
- Manual iOS setup can be performed by selecting Settings from the Setup menu.
- You may access your device’s settings by navigating to the Settings page.
- Now, tap Install in order to begin the downloading process.
- This may prompt you with a warning notification.
- To connect to a VPN server, go to Settings > General > VPN from the menu bar.
- The VPN servers’ selection in the menu consists of ExpressVPN VPN client preferences.
Key Factors to Consider the Best VPN for Chromebook
We checked for the following elements during the assessments:
- It should include stable and simple-to-install Chrome OS or Android applications and Chrome browser extensions.
- Secure VPN algorithms and 256-bit encryption are being implemented to protect your information.
- Additional DNS and IPv6 leak security techniques are in place to keep your geo-location and activities private from foreign entities. We also conducted leak tests on each provider.
- Reliable high networks with servers all around the world, allowing you to unblock content without any delay from wherever. Various VPNs were tested through many speed tests to make sure that the opted one was fast enough to watch, surf, and torrent.
- Accessibility to efficient, quick, and productive live assistance 24/7. Therefore, to put each VPN to the test, we contacted their customer care team.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the effective security protocol for a Chromebook?
OpenVPN is the industry-standard protocol that provides the optimum mix of speed and security without compromising either.
Should I download the Android app or use a Chrome extension?
When you install a Chrome extension, just your browser traffic is encrypt; other apps will continue to use your local IP address, as they are not encrypt. Therefore, if you want the most safety, opt for the Android app.
Does ExpressVPN keep logs on Chromebooks?
ExpressVPN is primarily a security service, thus no activity or connection records are store.
What is the purpose of the ExpressVPN Chrome extension?
The ExpressVPN browser plugin aids in the spoofing of your HTML5 geographical location and guarantees that you use the encrypted HTTPS versions of webpages wherever possible. Additionally, it lets you operate the ExpressVPN app from your Chrome browser.
Wrapping It Up
Putting up a VPN on your Chromebook should be a walk in the park now. In addition, you must also be able to select the best VPN for your Chromebook model.
We recommend ExpressVPN as an Android app if you are running a newer version of Chromebook. The ExpressVPN Chromebook app is extremely quick, allowing you to take advantage of its lightning-fast performance and superior security capabilities. NordVPN Android app, on the other hand, is also an excellent choice.