When you are looking for the best VPN on the market, you are probably looking for protection from online threats. We have tested a number of VPN services and found ExpressVPN to be the most secure, reliable, and feature-loaded. Furthermore, the ExpressVPN app is very simple to use, even for beginners, and you can download it on a variety of different devices: not just smartphones and laptops, but also smart TVs and routers.
You’ll find everything you need to know about setting up, using, and managing multiple devices with a single ExpressVPN subscription in this guide.
Let’s get started without further ado!
Is It Possible to Use ExpressVPN on Multiple Devices
Despite the fact that there is no limit to how many devices you can install ExpressVPN on, you can only use the service on a certain number of connections at once.
ExpressVPN can be used on up to five different devices at the same time with a single subscription, regardless of which platforms you use. It also provides simple apps for a number of the most widely used operating systems.
How to Use ExpressVPN on Multiple Devices
The good news is that ExpressVPN’s connection issues can be overcome in a number of ways:
Set up ExpressVPN On Multiple Devices on your router:
When you set up ExpressVPN on your router, it will protect all of your devices at the same time. Because the router is only one device, it can provide a secure connection to anyone who uses its Wi-Fi.
Share your VPN connection from your Mac or PC:
With just a few tweaks to the settings, both Mac and Windows PCs allow you to share your VPN connection over Wi-Fi.
Purchasing a second subscription:
Users of ExpressVPN can easily add a new subscription to their account by visiting the account page. This way, you’ll be able to use five more devices at the same time as the ones included in your previous plan.
How to Set Up ExpressVPN on Multiple Devices
As previously stated, the ExpressVPN app can be downloaded on a variety of devices that run on various operating systems.
Whether you’re using a Mac, Windows, Linux, or Chromebook, you can easily connect to the service.
Its dedicated app is compatible with smartphones and tablets running iOS, Android, Amazon Fire, Kindle Fire, Nook HD, and Surface RT. As do many other Wi-Fi router models on the market.
In any case, you can use the ExpressVPN app or manually configure the service on any device – including those that don’t support it.
On Windows and Mac Laptops
- Go to the ExpressVPN account page and sign in.
- Fill in the verification code that was emailed to you. You’ll need it later for the setup, so keep it handy.
- Depending on which computer you’re using, select ‘download for Windows’ or ‘download for Mac.’
- Sign in with your email and activation code after the installation is finished.
- Allow ExpressVPN to configure VPN connections.
- Connect to your preferred server location after setting up your preferences.
Smartphones and Tablets (Android & iOS both)
- Go to the ExpressVPN setup page on your Android device and enter the verification code that was sent to your email.
- If you can’t access the Google Store, choose either “get it on Google Play” or “download APK”.
- If you have an iOS device, go to the App Store and search for the ExpressVPN app. If you still can’t find it, try changing the country of your store.
- Install the app and configure it as you would any other computer.
Many Asus, Linksys, and Netgear router models are compatible with ExpressVPN:
- After you’ve chosen the right model, go to the ExpressVPN website and download the firmware.
- Connect your router to the internet and turn it on.
- Connect your device to the Wi-Fi on your router after that.
- Enter 192.168.1.1 into your browser’s address bar.
- To complete the installation, follow the on-screen instructions.
- Reboot your router after it’s finished so you can use your ExpressVPN.
If your router doesn’t support ExpressVPN firmware, you can manually configure the service by going to the website page and selecting manual configuration.
Streaming Media Consoles
The ExpressVPN app is compatible with Google TV, Android TV, Amazon Fire TV, and Fire Stick. Go to the store and download the dedicated app, just as you would on a smartphone or tablet. Follow the on-screen instructions to change the server’s location and gain access to any catalogs you desire.
On some streaming and gaming consoles that don’t have an app version, you can manually configure ExpressVPN. Apple TV, Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, Roku, and Xbox are among these devices.
Frequently Asked Questions
ExpressVPN is compatible with how many devices?
Despite this claim, ExpressVPN only allows five simultaneous devices per user, and all devices can be protected using their secure router, including smart TVs, printers, and Wi-Fi enabled light bulbs.
Can I Use My ExpressVPN On More Than One Device?
Yes. No matter where you are, you will be able to connect five devices to ExpressVPN at the same time. At the time of installation, each device can be connected to the VPN simultaneously. However, five devices won’t be allowed to use the VPN simultaneously.
What is the best way to share my ExpressVPN?
To connect to the VPN network, select ExpressVPN Tap Adapter. By right-clicking it, you can turn it over. The Sharing tab will be on the left. Other network users should be able to connect to your system using your ISP if it is configured correctly.
Is ExpressVPN compatible with every router?
Setting up a VPN on your computer with ExpressVPN is the most reliable method. The best way to resolve your ExpressVPN compatibility issue is to purchase a router with ExpressVPN preinstalled, or to manually set up ExpressVPN on an OpenVPN or L2TP VPN server.
Wrapping It Up!
That’s all! We are hoping that you have understood how to use ExpressVPN on multiple devices in 2022. Are you interested in trying ExpressVPN but don’t want to commit to a long-term plan? You’ll be relieved to know that new users can benefit from a risk-free VPN trial.