ExpressVPN is a perfect VPN for Samsung Smart TVs. It is not only the best VPN for Samsung Smart TV, but it is also compatible with a broad range of devices, including routers, making it an excellent choice for watching Netflix, Hulu, and other geo-restricted content on your Smart TV. On devices that don’t have a reliable VPN connectivity, such as the Samsung Smart TV, ExpressVPN is simple to set up and configure. We’ll show you how to easily set up ExpressVPN on your Samsung Smart TV in this guide.
On A Samsung Smart TV, How Do You Set Up ExpressVPN?
ExpressVPN can be set up on a Samsung Smart TV in two ways: through your PC (virtual router) or with a physical router. Before we get into the specifics, take into account that ExpressVPN, or any other VPN, cannot be installed directly on a Smart TV.
Let’s take a closer look at how to set up ExpressVPN on your Samsung TV.
Setup Express VPN through PC
You can set up an ExpressVPN on your Samsung Savvy television through a PC. Essentially, you set up a VPN on your PC and afterward share the connection with your television.
Follow the steps below to set up ExpressVPN on your Samsung television through a PC.
- Open your PC and go to Start> Control Panel> Network and Sharing Center> Change Adapter Settings.
- You will see an option here called “TAP-Win32 Adapter V9 if VPN uses OpenVPN”.
- Right click on it> select Properties> Sharing tab.
- Check the Allow other network users to connect through this computer’s Internet connection option.
- Select the Ethernet connection for which you have configured these settings.
- Restart your PC> Connect your Samsung Smart TV to your PC and use a secure internet connection on your TV.
Set up Express VPN through a Router
With the above method, you can connect your Samsung Smart TV to ExpressVPN and surf the internet safely with your Smart TV. However, this method is useful when using ExpressVPN on your smart TV. This is because bridging the VPN over the PC slows it down.
ExpressVPN is the best VPN for DD-WRT routers because it is easy to use and compatible with all types of routers. Note that ExpressVPN also provides a preconfigured router if you do not want to manually configure the router.
With this method, ExpressVPN automatically protects all devices connected to your router.
To set up ExpressVPN Samsung TV on your DD-WRT router:
- Select Settings> Basic Settings.
- From the Connection Type drop-down menu, select PPTP.
- Enter your username and password in the fields. In the Gateway, PPTP Server field, enter the address of the ExpressVPN server.
- Check Use DHCP.
- Go to Options and select Settings, then check if ExpressVPN requires MTU settings.
- Go to Network Location Server Settings (DHCP)
- Optionally select DHCP Type> DHCP Server to enable it
- Enter the DNS address provided by ExpressVPN
- Uncheck Use DNS Masq for both DHCP and DNS.
- Click on Save and Apply to connect to the ExpressVPN service.
ExpressVPN Media Steamer
ExpressVPN’s MediaStreamer is an integrated smart DNS service designed to improve your streaming experience. This option is ideal for users who want to stream on devices that do not natively support VPN. MediaStreamer is a streaming app similar to Roku, Amazon Fire TV, and others. Note that MediaStreamer does not encrypt online traffic.
Samsung Smart TV is geographically restricted like any other smart device. ExpressVPN MediaStreamer gives you access to international and national TV content from anywhere in the world.
However, you must change the region of your Samsung Smart TV in order to access geo-restricted streaming services such as Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime Video, and others.
How To Setup ExpressVPN On Samsung Smart TV To Use A Media steamer
You’ll need a DDNS hostname to use MediaStreamer on your Samsung Smart TV. To install MediaStreamer on your Samsung Smart TV, simply follow the steps below:
- Go to the ExpressVPN DNS settings page and sign in with your ExpressVPN credentials.
- Check your email and enter the verification code sent via email.
- If your IP address hasn’t been registered yet, go to IP address registration and click Register my IP address. You can also automatically register my IP address, which allows it to keep track of any changes to your IP address.
- Go on to the ExpressVPN setup page and sign in with your credentials.
- Now you’ll need to determine the IP address of the MediaStreamer DNS server. Keep this window open, or write down the IP addresses, because you’ll need them later.
- Switch on your Samsung Smart TV > Press the Menu button on your remote.
- Select Network > Network Status from the menu.
- Check your internet connection on your TV. Select IP Settings after the inspection is completed.
- Go to IP Settings > DNS Settings > Manually Enter.
- Now type in the MediaStreamer IP addresses you discovered earlier > On the remote, press Enter > save the settings > OK.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is it possible to connect my Samsung Smart TV to a VPN?
Yes, a VPN may be readily installed on your Samsung Smart TV via the Google Play Store. And, if you like, you may install the VPN on the router level, which is also doable and just as simple to set up.
Can we connect more than one device to Expressvpn?
A single subscription can be used on up to five devices at the same time, irrespective of the platform. You can install ExpressVPN on as many devices as you want, but you can only connect five at a time.
Is ExpressVPN supported by all routers?
The best secure method is to use ExpressVPN to set up a VPN on your computer. Purchase a router with ExpressVPN preinstalled, or manually set up ExpressVPN on an OpenVPN or L2TP VPN server to address your ExpressVPN compatibility issue.
Although, like other premium VPNs, ExpressVPN does not have specific apps for smart devices, such as Smart TVs. It may, however, be simply customised on your Smart TV. You may quickly install ExpressVPN on your Samsung Smart TV using the techniques listed above. With ExpressVPN, you can get the most out of your Samsung Smart TV.