Before you begin using ExpressVPN Mac, there are a few things you should know.
Make sure you’ve signed up for an account with ExpressVPN before you start using it. Although there is no free trial, there is a 30-day money-back guarantee that allows you to try it out without risk. Right now, you can get 15 months of ExpressVPN for the price of 12, plus a 30-day money-back guarantee, making it one of the best VPN deals on the market.
Choose your subscription length from one to six months or the 12/15-month tier, enter your information, and choose how you want to pay, and you’re ready to go.
The main reason you need to create an ExpressVPN account first is that the macOS app will only download from your online dashboard. It’s also where your activation code will be. You won’t be able to install or activate ExpressVPN on your Mac (or any other device) unless you have these two items.
So, once you’ve signed up and logged in, you’ll be presented with a list of download links, though it should detect that you’re using macOS and highlight that download link.
How to Install ExpressVPN on MAC
Follow these steps after you’ve downloaded the installer.
- Run the ExpressVPN installer and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.
- Once you install the app, open it and sign in using the activation code found on your dashboard.
- Select whether or not you want ExpressVPN to start automatically when you turn on or restart your Mac.
- Whether or not to share crash reports and other diagnostic data with ExpressVPN is a personal choice.
- That concludes our discussion. ExpressVPN is now available on your Mac, and because it’s a self-contained application, there’s no need to do any additional setup.
Main Features: ExpressVPN
- Activating your Virtual Private Network (VPN) and selecting a location can either be done from within the ExpressVPN app itself or from the app’s menu bar. ExpressVPN gives you a wide range of options because it has over 3,000 servers spread out across 160 locations in 94 different countries.
- There are some other settings within the preferences of ExpressVPN that you might want to take a look at to customise your experience. There are also some advanced settings that power users might want to take a look at.
- If you have ExpressVPN set to launch automatically when your computer is turned on, it is also a good idea to set it to launch but keep the app hidden (via Login Items in your User preferences). This will prevent the app from continuously popping up on your screen.
- There are also add-ons available for Firefox and Google Chrome, in case you do the majority of your browsing in either of those browsers. However, in order for them to function properly, you have to download, install, and run the Mac desktop app.
- You have the flexibility to use it on your mobile devices, laptops, and desktop computers thanks to the fact that your account allows for up to five simultaneous sessions to be active at once.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is ExpressVPN Mac safe?
ExpressVPN is a highly secure service provider. ExpressVPN will protect your online traffic by using AES 256-bit encryption and the most secure VPN protocols. Furthermore, ExpressVPN has a kill switch, ensuring that you are never left vulnerable. Because of their Trusted Server technology, ExpressVPN is also unable to log any information. No history, so no one can see what you’re doing online. In other words, ExpressVPN’s no-log policy is reliable.
Does ExpressVPN Mac provide dedicated IP addresses?
ExpressVPN does not provide dedicated IPs. Many people use a dedicated IP address with their VPN to watch Netflix. You won’t need a dedicated IP address to do this with ExpressVPN.
If you want to avoid captchas and other forms of extra verification, look for a VPN that provides dedicated IP addresses, such as NordVPN.
Does it allow anonymous torrent downloading with ExpressVPN?
ExpressVPN makes it simple to download torrents. This will also be very quick due to the incredible speed of their servers. You’ll also be able to enjoy ExpressVPN’s protection while downloading, which ensures you’ll be almost completely anonymous.