Want to use ExpressVPN PS5 to stay safe? Don’t worry, we have answers for you.
Using a VPN with your PS5 isn’t as simple as installing an app, which indicates that the procedure is a little time-consuming. In fact, you can’t even sideload VPN apps as the consoles simply don’t support them.
That’s the bad news, but the good news is that there are still a handful of ways to use a VPN on the PS5 to access other regions of Netflix, get early access to new games, improve laggy online connections, and more. But here are 4 easy ways for you to get over these tricky restrictions.
We highly recommend you use ExpressVPN on PS5 to have a smooth gaming experience as it provides high-quality security, a kill switch feature and the fastest speed.
Why Would I Use a VPN on my PS 5
Let’s talk about why you would want to utilize a VPN on a gaming console before we go over the various techniques. For starters, it can lower your ping, which means less lag when playing online games, and it can also defend you from DDOS attacks if you’re a streamer.
In addition to improved online gaming performance, you may be able to play new games before they are released in your region. Games launched on the same day in the UK and the US are often available to download and play in Australia hours before they are released in the UK and the US.
However, by using a VPN to make your console think you’re in Australia, you can receive early access to the latest PlayStation games. Also, you can access geo-locked content from around the world using the console’s streaming apps.
How Can I Set up ExpressVPN on PS5
You may either install the ExpressVPN app on a compatible Wi-Fi router or purchase a router with ExpressVPN already installed.
- To get started, log in to your ExpressVPN account.
- Firmware for compatible routers can be downloaded.
- Log in to your router’s control panel.
- Set up ExpressVPN.
Why is ExpressVPN a King Among Other VPNs
ExpressVPN is a popular VPN provider for a reason—it offers excellent device support. You can use ExpressVPN on most major devices, including smartphones, laptops, desktop computers, and even gaming consoles.
That means you can stay protected no matter how you choose to connect to the internet. And with dedicated apps for each platform, it’s easy to get started with ExpressVPN. So if you’re looking for a VPN that can keep you safe and connected on all your devices, ExpressVPN is a great choice.
3 Ways to Set up ExpressVPN on PS5
You can set up and utilize ExpressVPN on the PS5 console with the correct know-how.
There are 3 main ways to set up ExpressVPN on PS5:
- Using a computer to set up. This is the most straightforward technique. This might be completed by anyone.
- Using routers to connect. This is for individuals who have a basic understanding of routers or are ready to put in the time to learn.
- Installing MediaStreamer (DNS). This does not necessitate the use of a VPN. However, it provides neither security nor anonymity.
We’ll walk you through each procedure so you know exactly how to set up ExpressVPN on your PS5.
Setting up ExpressVPN on PS5 through a PC
If you have a PC, you can easily set up ExpressVPN on your PS5. To do this, you will need to connect your PS5 and your PC to the same network. Once you connect them, follow these steps:
- Install ExpressVPN for Windows on your computer.
- Use the Ethernet cable to connect your PC to your PS5.
- Select the Network and Sharing Center from the Control Panel.
- Hover over Change Adaptor Settings in the left sidebar.
- Select Properties > ExpressVPN from the right-click menu. Sharing
- A popup will appear that states Allow other Network users to connect over this computer’s internet connection.” Simply press the button.
- Locate the drop-down menu for Home Networking Connection. Select Ethernet as the connection type.
- Launch ExpressVPN and establish a connection to a server.
- Switch on your PS5. To change your network settings, go to Settings > Network Settings.
- Select Setup Internet Connection from the drop-down menu. When prompted, select Use a LAN Cable.
Set up ExpressVPN on PS5 Using your Wi-Fi Router
Because your router provides your console with an internet connection, it is the first item in the chain that could provide a VPN connection.
Most current routers can connect to a VPN; you must manually enter your account information in your router’s settings.
Because the processes differ depending on your network and VPN service, it’s nearly impossible for us to explain how to accomplish it here.
Logging into your router, finding the settings menu, and looking for a VPN page is the basic procedure. You’ll be prompted to fill in the following information:
- The service’s name
- IP address of the server
- Name of your account/email address
- Your username and password
- Pre-sharing of the key for encryption.
Install a Smart DNS server on PS5
If a VPN router isn’t for you, there is a technique to alter the location on devices that don’t support VPNs. It’s known as Smart DNS, and it’s rather simple to set up — the catch is that not all VPN providers support it.
Here’s how to use your Smart DNS address on your console once you’ve received it from your VPN provider:
- Go to the Settings section of the menu.
- Choose Network.
- Select settings
- Select ‘Set up Internet Connection’ and choose LAN or Wi-Fi based on your preference.
- To access the settings menu, choose your connection and press the Options button.
- Select advanced options.
- Change the IP address to Automatic.
- DCHP Host should be set to Do Not Specify.
- Select Manual in the DNS settings section.
- Next, enter the Smart DNS address provided by your VPN provider.
- MUT should be set to Auto.
- Proxy Server should be set to Do Not Use.
- To double-check your settings, select Test Internet Connection.
If everything goes properly, you should be able to connect to your Smart DNS and access material from other countries on your console.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I use ExpressVPN Ps5?
Yes, you can use any VPN including ExpressVPN with a PS5.
Is it worth subscribing to ExpressVPN for Ps5?
Yes, using a premium quality VPN such as ExpressVPN with your PS5 will keep the console safe and your identity disclosed. Gamers join a lot of forums and so, concealing your identity is important.
Which VPN is the best for PS5?
ExpressVPN is undoubtedly one of the best VPNs for PS5 consoles.