The ‘Great Firewall,’ China’s internet censorship program that bans VPNs, and websites, and enforces censorship, prevents most VPNs from working in the country. People have been utilising the ideal VPN for China to get around Chinese online censorship.
Google, Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube, and a slew of other big services have been blocked by China’s Great Firewall. Expats and native VPN users in China commonly use virtual private networks (VPNs) to unblock websites and apps such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and WhatsApp, to name a few.
Quick Steps to get the Best China VPN in 2022 – Tested
ExpressVPN is one of the Best VPN Service we have found to be working in China and around 63% of the Chinese VPN users does have ExpressVPN subscription. How to Subscribe to ExpressVPN. Follow the steps below to get a VPN that actually works.
- Subscribe to ExpressVPN
- Connect to your desired server (3000+ servers tested at ExpressVPN)
- Download and Install the ExpressVPN App (Available at all platforms)
- Enjoy streaming any channel without any hassle
More About China VPN Providers
In China, however, the majority of VPNs are restricted. We tested 150+ VPNs to determine if they could bypass China’s Great Firewall limitations in order to find the best VPN for China. Based on our research, we’ve identified the top reliable VPN services currently available in China.
IMPORTANT: While the virtual private network apps described in this article operate in China, VPN websites are not. It’s advised to join one of these VPNs before travelling to mainland China.
We’ve chosen the three best VPNs for China to help you get around the country’s censorship. After evaluating 150+ VPNs, these companies were chosen based on a variety of criteria including the multiple servers, zero-log policies, obfuscated tech, money-back assurance, and customer service.
1. ExpressVPN – China’s Finest All-Rounder VPN
It offers some of the top-notch features described below:
- In 94 countries, there are about 3,000 servers.
- Infrastructure without hard discs (RAM only)
- Military-Grade Encryption (256-bit)
- Netflix, Hulu, and other streaming services unblock with ease.
- 5 Multi-Login DNS with Zero-Knowledge
Despite the fact that ExpressVPN does not have a VPN server in China, major Chinese streaming services like as CCTV, CHC Television, and CNC World can be using the company’s Hong Kong server.
You’ll have to use the ExpressVPN mirror website in China to access their online services because the ExpressVPN website is now inaccessible owing to China’s Firewall limitation.
2. PureVPN – Protect its user
It offers a few amazing features:
- Up to 5 connections can be made at the same time.
- Connections that are both stable and fast.
- Money-back guarantee for seven days
- 5 Devices Connected at the Same Time
Using PureVPN’s Dedicated IP mode and manually connecting to its VPN servers is the best solution. Once you’ve signed up with PureVPN, you’ll be able to access a list of dedicated IP addresses for China users.
Simply select Dedicated IP mode in PureVPN’s desktop programme and enter one of the dedicated IP addresses to connect.
3. NordVPN – Bypasses China’s Great Firewall
- Encryption that meets military standards (Double VPN encryption)
- CyberSec guards your device against unwanted advertisements.
- A strict no-logs policy is in place.
- DNS leak protection uses a kill switch that activates automatically.
- 6 Logins with Multiple Accounts
- Support via live chat
- The app is simple to use
The most secure VPN for China is NordVPN. It provides cutting-edge security and encryption features that are hard to come across with other virtual private network providers.
According to our tests, NordVPN’s Hong Kong server was able to unblock a variety of Chinese-based content, making it an excellent choice for Chinese users.
While testing NordVPN in China, we had no issues with DNS/IP leaks.
Key Considerations for Choosing the Best VPN in China
In light of the Great Firewall’s ramifications, we’ve compiled a list of the best VPNs for 2022 that you can use in or outside of China, based on the following criteria:
- Server network: Access to different international geo-blocked streaming services, social media, retail, online dating websites, and more through a large server network with servers in major countries.
- The policy of zero-log: In Mainland China, a rigorous zero-log policy ensures perfect online privacy, security, and anonymity.
- Obfuscated servers: These are special servers that can hide your VPN usage. In order to establish VPN connections in restricted situations, this capability is extremely useful.
- Guaranteed money back: If you want to opt out of the service, there is a 30-day or longer money-back guarantee that acts as a safety switch.
When you connect to a Chinese server over an encrypted connection, you can alter your IP address and escape the Great Firewall’s restrictions.
Why do you need a VPN for Safety?
A VPN’s principal aim is to conceal your online activity.
VPNs are often used on public networks to protect against hackers and snoopers, but they can also be used on any Wi-Fi network, even your own, to hide your IP address, browsing behavior, and personal data.
Frequently Asked Questions
In China, which free VPN is the best?
In China, using a free VPN is not a good or safe alternative. Instead, we propose ExpressVPN as China’s best VPN, with unlimited data, fast servers, and strong security. You can try it for free for 30 days if you apply its money-back promise.
Is it unlawful in China to use a VPN?
VPNs are legal in China, but they require official permission to operate. It is unlawful to use a VPN to get around China’s Great Firewall and access restricted websites without a licence.
In China, should I use a free VPN?
In China, free VPNs are not available. It’s rare to come across a free VPN that includes a kill switch, which is an essential feature, especially in China. Astringent no-logs policy, IP and DNS leak protection, and more are all security features that free VPNs lack.
Which VPNs are able to get beyond China’s firewall?
ExpressVPN is a well-known VPN service with excellent unblocking capabilities that can get beyond China’s firewall. The VPN service is really fast and effective in China.
The Chinese government is adopting every measure necessary to limit the online freedom of its citizens. China began blocking all TLS 1.3 connections that include ESNI, also known as Encrypted Server Name Indication, in 2020. HTTPS connections use it to encrypt data.
ESNI encrypts DNS requests on websites, preventing ISPs from recording your online activity, which is against the surveillance mechanism of the Great Firewall. The government has begun restricting ESNI connections in order to avoid this.
Fortunately, your sites and platforms use the best VPN for China because VPNs are changed.