Europe is the world’s most developed continent, with robust legal safeguards for citizens’ democratic rights. Individual privacy rules, such as the GDPR, ensure that customers have a vote in how personal data is handled and used by businesses with which they have a relationship. Unfortunately, despite these legal obligations, the majority of EU member states continue to violate users’ privacy. Furthermore, several popular streaming services have geo-restrictions, making them only available from certain parts of Europe but not others, so here are the best VPNs in Europe.
The simplest solution to these issues in 2022 is to purchase the best European VPNs.
Best VPNs In Europe 2022
On Mac, Windows, Android, iOS, Linux, and other platforms, we spent 350+ hours testing and assessing 160+ VPNs using our rigorous 5-factor evaluation approach. We’ve whittled down the top VPNs based on long, exhaustive, and in-depth testing to find the best blend of speed, streaming, security, and, of course, value for money.
The following are some of the best VPNs services for people in Europe.
1. ExpressVPN – The Best VPN In Europe
ExpressVPN has a network of over 3,000 servers spread across 94 countries. The majority of these servers are in Europe. The company provides lightweight apps that run seamlessly on a variety of platforms, including Mac, Windows, iOS, and Android. The robust server network works just as well with popular streaming services as it does with unblocking torrent websites from both inside and outside Europe. ExpressVPN is the finest VPN to use not only in Spain but also in some of Europe’s least friendly countries, such as Greece.
ExpressVPN sticks to the essentials when it comes to security features, but it does them incredibly well. Kill switch, split tunneling, and IP/DNS leak protection are among the features. It is one of the few providers in the business that does not save any personally identifying information about users, which is critical for European consumers, particularly those in Denmark. It is, without a question, one of the best VPNs for Danish users.
Features of Express VPN
- Easy to run on almost any platform
- Top-quality and well-engineered apps
- Speedy VPN servers in 90+ countries
- Strong on encryption and unblocking
- Expert 24/7 live customer support
2. PureVPN- Best Low-Cost VPN for Europe
PureVPN is a seasoned service with a slew of features at some of the most competitive prices. There are almost 6,500 high-speed servers spread over 78 countries, putting it in the highest echelon on both counts. PureVPN features apps for computers, mobile devices, and even smart TVs, and with support for up to 10 simultaneous connections, the entire family can use it without running into unpleasant device limitations.
It’s also encouraging to note that PureVPN’s no-logging credentials have been audited. PureVPN’s performance is exceptional, with speeds that are twice as fast as other competitors. It can also be extremely affordable, with rare specials offering five years of coverage for about $100.
Features of Pure VPN
- Has internet kill switch protection
- Supports P2P function & split tunneling
- Has DNS & WebRTC & IPv6 leak protection
- Has port forwarding & DDos protection
- Zero-logging policy & unlimited bandwidth
- Access Netflix, Disney Plus, ESPN, Hulu, etc.
- Supports OpenVPN, PPTP, SSTP, L2TP, IKEv2
- Has advanced Stealth VPN protocol
3. NordVPN – Secure VPN for Europe
Within Europe, NordVPN has 2429 servers. As a result, it is one of Europe’s largest and best VPNs. NordVPN has over 5,200 servers spread across 59 countries.
The service is known for striking a decent mix between speed, security, and the ability to unblock websites. Users in Europe can use its extensive server network to unblock websites, streaming apps, and torrenting sites. At the same time, tools like DoubleVPN, CyberSec, and Onion over VPN can assist them to improve their online anonymity.
In its review, NordVPN received high marks for these features. The service is available for $3.49/mo (Save 70% on 2 Years Plan + Extra Subscription) and includes 6 simultaneous connections as well as a 30-day money-back guarantee. Additionally, you can try the service, and sign up for a 30-day free trial of NordVPN.
Features of Nord VPN
- Unparalleled security smarts
- Reliable unblocking
- High-speed NordLynx protocol
- Great value subscription options
- No logs policy
- Customizable kill switch
How To Choose The Best VPNs In Europe
To be included in my list of the top VPNs for Europe, all VPNs had to meet my stringent requirements. The following are the most essential features. If you want to do your research, check that the VPN you choose for Europe includes the following features:
- Global network (including European servers) – To properly avoid geo-restrictions, you’ll need a global network of servers. Furthermore, servers located throughout Europe can allow you to access local content while traveling.
- A VPN with top-level security features like AES 256-bit encryption, a strict no-logs policy, and a kill switch keeps you safe from prying eyes. This way, you can rest assured that your online information is safe.
- Fast connection speeds — A premium VPN, such as those on my list, will give you ultra-fast connection speeds, allowing you to watch in UHD and torrent without any lag.
- Ease of use – You’ll want a VPN that has a simple interface and can be installed and set up quickly. Furthermore, live chat assistance is available If you need a quick reaction, this is an excellent tool to have.
- Guaranteed money back — Make sure your VPN, like the ones I listed, offers a money-back guarantee. This allows you to try out all of the VPN’s capabilities before committing to a long-term contract.
Why Do You Need A VPN?
- Online security on public networks: If you utilize public networks, you are subject to hacker attacks. Using one of the top VPN services, on the other hand, will change your IP address and encrypt your internet traffic using military-grade encryption, ensuring your online security.
- Access geo-restricted content: You will not be able to access all of the content on the internet. However, if you use a VPN, you can change your IP address to a place of your choice. This allows you to quickly circumvent any geo-restrictions imposed by the source of the issue.
- Bypass limitations imposed by the government, schools, and offices: If you want to use a restricted network at a school, office, or government institution to access social media or pirate websites. Using one of the finest VPN services of 2022 is the only way to gain complete internet freedom when it comes to visiting any type of website.
- Increased e-commerce and online banking security: When you buy anything online or log into your online bank account, you put your personal information in danger, including your credit card number, account details, name, email address, phone numbers, and more. VPN uses multiple security encryption and protocols to keep such information secure from prying eyes.
- Avoiding Internet Service Provider (ISP) throttling: If you use too much bandwidth, your ISP may slow you down. Furthermore, online activities such as gaming, streaming, and torrenting may cause them to throttle your bandwidth so that it is divided and consumed evenly among all users. Due to its disguised servers, a VPN may easily avoid ISP throttling or not if you’re using a VPN.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Why do you need a VPN for Europe?
To preserve online security while avoiding numerous country-specific limitations and VPN blocks, you’ll need a VPN for Europe.
Can I use a free VPN in Europe?
We advise against using a free VPN in Europe. Getting one of the VPNs on this list is a much safer solution.
Can I Watch My Favorite European Sports Channels Abroad on my TV?
Yes, with a VPN that has servers in Europe, you can watch local content (including UEFA games) from overseas.
Is It Legal To Use a VPN For European Countries?
In most European nations, using a VPN is legal, and many individuals use it.
Whether you’re a short-term visitor or a long-term resident, all European residents require a VPN today. This will allow you to safely access public WiFi, and torrent, and unlock geo-restricted content without risk of being hacked. A VPN also secures your online connection while reducing the danger of cyber-attacks and online fraud.