Iranian authorities have restricted access to various websites, including social media platforms such as Instagram, Telegram, and YouTube, in the wake of anti-government protests across the country. Even in 2022, some of the bans have been eased, but Telegram remains entirely restricted. Iran’s internet freedom is still severely restricted. Given the country’s present internet landscape, adopting the best VPNs in Iran appears to be the only way to ensure online privacy and anonymity. In addition to privacy and security, a VPN allows you to easily access prohibited websites and streaming platforms in Iran.
To assist you in making your decision, we’ve compiled a list of the best VPNs for Iran in 2022, which will allow you to unblock social media sites and other restricted services without jeopardizing your privacy. We evaluated 150+ VPNs based on a variety of factors to find the top services for Iran.
Best VPNs in Iran 2022 [In-Depth Analysis]
We evaluated 150+ VPNs based on their security protocols, servers, privacy features, and capacity to unblock content, among other factors, and determined that the following three VPNs are the best to use in Iran:
The best VPN for Iran is ExpressVPN. It offers apps for all major devices and is quite simple to use. It’s a multi-purpose VPN with the highest speeds, security, and unblocking capabilities.
ExpressVPN has over 3000 servers in 94 different countries. Given this, as well as the fact that it can deliver up to 88 Mbps over a 100 Mbps connection, it is one of the finest streaming VPNs available. You’ll be able to stream content in HD resolution without buffering thanks to fast internet.
Features of Express VPN
- Offers no servers in Iran, however, it offers 1 server in Turkey.
- Has a speed of 88 Mbps on a 100 Mbps connection.
- Passed the DNS Leak Test.
- Has the following encryption protocol: AES 256-Bit, OpenVPN, Lightway, IKEV2.
- It’s available on several platforms like iOS, Mac, Android, Windows, Smart TV, Fire Stick, Kodi, Roku, PS4, etc.
- Unblocks services like Netflix, Amazon Prime, Hulu, Disney Plus, DAZN, and YouTube TV.
In every sense, PureVPN appears to be the ideal Virtual Private Network (VPN). It has over 6,500 servers that are ideal for a variety of tasks, including torrenting and Netflix streaming.
PureVPN’s features include military-grade AES 256-bit encryption, a kill switch, split tunneling, and the ability to secure up to 10 devices at once. All of this is achievable with just one PureVPN account, which costs $3.33 per month.
PureVPN has apps for a variety of devices that are easy to use. Its user-friendly UI works flawlessly without any glitches. Its apps are extremely light, and the absence of cluttered settings makes utilizing them a snap.
Features of Pure VPN
- AES-256 encryption
- Unblocks Netflix
- Supports torrenting
- No DNS leaks
- Compatible with Android TV
- Supports port forwarding
- 31-day money-back guarantee
Nord VPN is a safe VPN to use in Iran. Nordlynx, kill switch, split tunneling, AES 256-bit encryption, and OpenVPN protocols are among the security options available. Has a 5200+ server network spread throughout 59 countries.
It unblocks a variety of geo-restricted websites, such as Netflix and Hulu. On a 100 Mbps connection, it provides average speeds of 79 Mbps. Starts at $3.49 per month (Save 70% on 2 Years Plan + Extra Subscription) and includes a 30-day money-back guarantee as well as 6 multi-logins.
Features of Pure VPN
- Iranian servers: There are no servers in Iran, but there are eight in Turkey.
- Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime, CBC, Disney+, DAZN, and YouTube TV are all unblocked streaming services.
- AES 256-Bit, OpenVPN, and IKEV2 are the encryption protocols used.
- iOS, Mac, Windows, Android, Smart TVs, Fire Stick, Xbox, PS4, Kodi, and Roku are all supported.
- On a 100 Mbps connection, the speed is 79 Mbps.
- The DNS leak test was successful.
How To Choose The Best VPN For Iran
- Encryption: For data security, all of the VPNs listed above use the strongest 256-bit AES encryption available. They also have an internet kill switch to keep you safe when you’re on the internet.
- DNS leak protection: All of the VPNs on our list have been rigorously tested for DNS leaks and have been determined to be DNS leak-proof. Also, they all have their unique DNS leak protection, so make sure to enable it to get the most out of your online security.
- Server network: The best VPN for Iran should have servers in all major countries and provide worldwide server coverage. Thousands of servers are available across the globe with the VPNs on our list.
- Unblocking ability: All of the VPNs on our list are compatible with all major geo-restricted platforms in Iran, including Netflix, BBC, Hulu, HBO, and others.
Why Do You Need A VPN?
- Online Censorship: In Iran, VPNs becomes a crucial tool due to the strong censorship. Iranians can use a VPN to connect to foreign servers and access geo-restricted content. VPNs can also disguise your IP address, preventing the authorities from tracking your online activities.
- Blocked Websites: Iran has a problem with blocked websites. Access to any websites that interfere with their societal worth has been blocked by the government. These values are not compromised by the Iranian administration. A VPN service is the only way to view these websites from Iran.
- Online Surveillance: Although it may be difficult to believe, the Iranian government routinely monitors its citizens’ online activity. Worst of all, the government requires all local ISPs to keep citizen logs for at least 90 days. It could be argued that utilizing a VPN in Iran is no longer a choice, but rather a necessity.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is using a VPN legal in Iran?
Yes, using a VPN is legal in Iran, but use caution when doing so in nations with severe regulations, such as Iran. In 2013, the country began blocking VPN access, and the limitations are still in place today.
Should I use a free VPN in Iran?
Although free VPNs seem appealing, we do not advocate using one in Iran. In most cases, a VPN that provides a free service makes money by selling the information and personal data of its users to third parties. Furthermore, these free VPN companies are known for having a small number of servers and a small quantity of bandwidth, both of which are insufficient.
Why do I need to use a VPN in Iran?
Blocked websites are a problem in Iran. The government has prohibited access to any websites that interfere with their societal value. The Iranian government does not compromise these values. The only way to access these websites from Iran is to use a VPN service.
Which VPN has Iranian servers?
Iranian servers are only available on CyberGhost.
Even today, Iran has severe limitations on its residents’ online freedom. Similarly, because the government controls the internet and restricts access to information, particularly from abroad, there is increasing online surveillance.
Fortunately, you can access all prohibited social media applications, websites, and streaming platforms in Iran with the best VPN for Iran.