Table of Contents
The FIFA world cup 2022 is going to be held in Russia, and the reigning champion, Germany, will be defending the title this year.
We are sure that you are impatiently waiting for the most popular sporting event on Earth. However, you might also be concerned about watching FIFA live on your favorite entertainment hub, Kodi. Aren’t you?
Well, you don’t need to worry about accessing and watching FIFA on Kodi anymore. In this blog, we will guide you on how to watch FIFA world cup 2022 on Kodi Live with a VPN, how to install Kodi official and unofficial addons, and also the best Kodi addons for streaming FIFA.
So, if you are eager to learn more about FIFA on Kodi, read on!
How to Watch FIFA on Kodi Live with a VPN
Before we move on, we should discuss the biggest inconvenience that users face when trying to access FIFA on Kodi.
As you already know, Kodi is a media entertainment hub powered by repositories and addons. Although Kodi itself is completely free to use no matter what device you use to run it, there are some addons that you cannot access from certain countries.
For instance, if you want to enjoy Hulu TV on Kodi, you may find the Hulu TV add-on in a number of repositories but you cannot access the add-on outside the US. After all, Hulu streaming service itself isn’t available anywhere outside the US.
Therefore, to access and enjoy the country-blocked addons on Kodi, you need a VPN to get the job done. Here are the best VPNs for Kodi.
Best of all, a VPN doesn’t only let you access region-specific content, it also unlocks the true potential of your Internet by bypassing ISP throttling.
Now that you know what a VPN does, let’s check out how to setup a VPN on Kodi.
- Subscribe to a reliable VPN service for Kodi
- Download and install the Kodi compatible app of the VPN
- Connect the VPN to the desired location (preferably the US)
- Download the Kodi add-on for streaming FIFA live
- Enjoy FIFA world cup 2022 on Kodi live
How to Watch FIFA World Cup 2022 on Kodi with Official Addons
Now, you might be wondering why we have created two separate guides for Kodi: official and unofficial.
As the name suggests, official addons come as a default when you install Kodi for the first time. These addons are developed by the Kodi team. However, the unofficial addons are the third-party addons that are developed by different developers or groups. After all, Kodi is an open-source platform which is why it supports third-party addons.
Let’s dive into the guide and find out how to install Kodi official addons to watch FIFA world cup 2022 live online.
- Launch the Kodi application on your device
- Click and go to Addons from the menu on the left-side navigation panel
- Now go to the box-shaped icon that you can find at the top-left corner
- Now select the Install from Repository option
- Select the Kodi Add-on Repository
- Select the Video Addons and scroll and click iPlayer WWW add-on
- Once you are on the iPlayer WWW add-on screen, click Install
- Once the installation is finished, go back to the Kodi home screen
- Locate the Addons from the left navigation panel and then go to Video Addons
- Select iPlayer WWW add-on and go to BBC Sports
How to Watch FIFA World Cup 2022 on Kodi with Unofficial Addons
Let’s take a look at the installation guide of the Kodi unofficial addons.
- Open up Kodi application
- Select the Gear icon to go to the Settings
- Select System Settings and then choose Addons
- Activate Unknown Sources so you can install unofficial addons
- Go to Kodi’s home screen and select the Gear icon again
- Select File Manager and click open Add-on Source
- Enter the URL http://kdil.co/repo/ in the field
- Give it a label like Kodil Repo and click OK
- Go back to the Home screen and select Addons from left-hand navigation panel
- Select the box-shaped icon and click Install from zip file
- Select the desired zip file and let the app install it
- Click Install from repository, choose Kodil Repo and go to Video Addons
- Scroll down and install SportsDevil add-on
- Once the add-on is installed, go to the home screen to access it
- Go to the Addons and select Video Addons
- Enjoy FIFA 2022 on Kodi
The 3 Best Kodi Addons for Streaming FIFA 2022 Live
There are a dozens of sports streaming addons that you can install to watch the FIFA world cup 2022 live on Kodi. Let’s take a quick look at some of the most popular Kodi addons.
You can find this popular sports streaming add-on in one of the most commonly used repositories, Kodil, aka Kodi Israel. The add-on has been updated since many years and in fact you can find its latest 2022 version easily on Kodil repository. You can install this add-on and access not only Football events but also a great number of other sporting events such as NFL.
Missed out on your favorite football sports? Don’t worry, because you can always watch the highlights of all the missed football sports whenever you want with Kick Off Kodi add-on. The add-on comes with an easy to use interface which is just the right UI for first time Kodi users. Apart from that you can find all your favorite categories in this add-on and get quick access to your favorite sports such as EPL, Champions League, etc.
If you are looking for an all-rounder when it comes to Kodi addons, you will find Maverick TV add-on a must have. The add-on is best for users who want to access not only sports on Kodi but also on-demand movies, TV channels, Music, etc.
Enjoy FIFA World Cup 2022 on Kodi Live From Anywhere
Kodi is a great entertainment hub especially for streaming movies and sports. If you want to enjoy FIFA world cup 2022 live on Kodi and from anywhere in the world, follow the guide mentioned above for an unlimited entertainment experience.