Table of Contents
Kodi is every streamer’s favorite media entertainment hub that they can’t live without. Initially developed for Xbox and later made available to almost all devices, Kodi is enjoyed by hundreds of thousands of streamers across the globe.
Basically, Kodi runs on repositories. These repositories have add-ons that contain a massive catalogue of movies, TV shows, sports, on-demand content, documentaries and more. The add-ons are the essential components that make Kodi a must-have for every user who’s a savvy streamer.
So, if you are looking for a guide on how to install covenant on Kodi, this is just the perfect guide for you. In this guide, we have discussed in detail how you can install the covenant add-on on Kodi using different repositories. Moreover, we will also talk about the predecessor of the Covenant add-on, i.e., Exodus, and some fixes to the common problems usually faced while installing or using Covenant.
So, let’s not dillydally any further, and proceed to the main guide.
Before You Continue…. Use a VPN
Yes, we can’t ignore the fact that there are some third-party add-ons (other than Exodus or Covenant) that cannot be accessed in certain parts of the world. More importantly, there are some add-ons that contain copyrighted content, which may ultimately get users into trouble if they are found to be accessing the content by their ISPs.
Therefore, to get past the geo-restrictions problems and access Kodi add-ons from anywhere, and to keep your Kodi activities anonymous, it is important that you subscribe to and use a reliable VPN service provider.
You can check out our top VPN services review to decide which VPN best suits your Kodi needs.
-6.46 Get Huge 68% Off $3.54/moper month
-5.92 Get 55% Discount on Ivacy $4.08/moper month
-5.83 $4.17/moper month
What is Exodus Add-on?
As mentioned earlier, the Exodus add-on is the predecessor of the Covenant add-on. There’s no Kodi user on the planet who hasn’t heard about Exodus add-on.
Basically, Exodus is one of the most popular Kodi add-ons ever developed. The add-on features a massive gallery of different entertainment categories including Sports, Anime, TV Shows, Movies, and more. Initially, the famous add-on was accessible through the TVAddons Indigo tool. However, it went missing soon after the blackout of the TVAddons.
The add-on has a clear categorization of its content such as Movies, TV Shows, New Episodes, New Movies, Channels, etc. In fact, you can even find a search option to easily find the title you are looking for in the add-on’s archive.
You can even find more categories in the main category to filter your searches.
Exodus Add-on vs. Covenant Add-on
Due to a steep decline in the popularity of the Exodus add-on – ever since its disappearance from the known repositories – Kodi users are now turning to the Covenant add-on. The Covenant add-on offers the same feel and functionality as the Exodus add-on but it offers its massive content both in SD and HD quality.
All in all, if you want the best Kodi add-on for movies and other entertainment, simply install Covenant on Kodi.
How Do I Install Covenant Kodi Add-on?
Now, you may be wondering about how to install the popular Covenant add-on on your Kodi. Well, we have created this guide just for this purpose. You can install the Covenant Kodi add-on through different methods such as via downloading and installing the repository’s zip file or through the repository’s URL.
Since the Covenant add-on is available in different repositories, in the following section you will find out how you can install the add-on from different repositories.
Top 4 Methods to Install Covenant on Kodi
Method 1: Install Covenant on Kodi with Kodil Repository
Kodil is a popular repository in the Kodi-sphere. The repository features a boatload of popular add-ons that are sought after by many users across the globe, with Covenant being the most demanded add-on.
Check out the following method and learn how you can install the Kodil repository and set up the Covenant add-on.
- Open the Kodi application and go to the Settings
- Go to the File Manager
- Double click the Add Source, and a box will pop up
- Double click None and copy/paste or type the following URL: http://kdil.co/repo/
- Now give a name or title to the Media Source such as Kodil and click Ok
- Go back to the main menu of Kodi
- Go to the Add-ons and click the Package Installer (from the icon at the top)
- Click the Install from zip file and find and double click the Kodil to install the file
- Now go back and go to Install from Repository and click to open Kodil Repository
- Go to the Video Add-ons
- Search and find the Covenant Add-on
- Click Install and wait for a few minutes to let it install
- Go back to the main menu and go to the Add-ons
- Go to Covenant and enjoy its massive gallery
Method 2: Install Covenant on Kodi with Kodil Zip File
There is another way of installing Covenant on Kodi and that is through downloading the zip file directly to your device. Don’t know where to find the zip file and how to install it?
Read on and find out how to install the Kodil repository via the zip file and install Covenant on Kodi.
- First of all, download and save the zip file from here: Kodil Zip
- Go to the Add-ons and then to the Package Installer
- Click the Install from zip file and search and double click the file name to install it
- Go back to the Package Installer menu and click Install from Repository
- Navigate the find Kodil repo to open it
- Click the Video Add-ons and then double click the Covenant add-on to install it
- Head back to the Kodi main menu and click the Add-ons option
- Go to Covenant add-on
Method 3: Install Covenant on Kodi with XvBMC Repository
Time and again, you might run into some trouble finding a working link to the Kodil repository. In fact, there are dozens of guides available on the Internet that have mentioned Kodil URL that doesn’t work at all.
If you are concerned about where to find the Kodil repo, then don’t. Just leave the Kodil repo and instead opt for the XvBMC repository, which is also popular for containing a good inventory of popular add-ons such as Netflix, and more.
- Go to Kodi and click Settings
- Open the File Manager and click Add Source
- Double click None and a window will pop up
- Enter the following URL: http://archive.org/download/repository.xvbmc/ and click Ok
- Name the Media Source as XvBMC and click Ok
- Go to the Add-ons option from the main menu
- click the Package Installer, and then click Install from zip file
- Navigate to the XvBMC repo and click it to install the repo
- Go to the previous option and go to Install from Repository and click to open XvBMC repo
- Go to the Video Add-ons and enjoy Covenant on Kodi
Method 4: Install Covenant on Kodi with All Eyes on Me Repository
In case you find the XvBMC repository not working as well, you don’t need to lose heart at all. You can try out another new repository for installing Covenant on Kodi and that is the All Eyes on Me repository.
Here’s the guide on how to install the All Eyes on Me repo for the Covenant Kodi add-on:
- Go to the Kodi main menu and then to the Settings
- Open the File Manager option and click Add Source
- Double click None and enter the following URL: http://aeom.cf/repo/ and click Ok
- Give a name the Media Source such as AEOM repo and click Ok
- Go back to the Add-ons and click the Package Installer
- Click Install from zip file and navigate to the AEOM repo and click to install it
- Go back and open Install from Repository and click to open the AEOM repo
- Go to the Video Add-ons and find Covenant add-on
- Open Covenant add-on and click Install
- Enjoy kodi’s popular add-on, Covenant, on your device
How to Update Covenant Kodi Add-on?
As mentioned earlier, the Covenant add-on packs a boatload of library. However, with time some links that it fetches the results from get outdated. To update the library and enjoy more movies and shows, it is recommend that you update the Covenant kodi add-on on a periodic basis.
Here’s how you can update Covenant on Kodi:
- Launch the Kodi application and go to Add-ons
- Go to the Video add-ons and navigate to Covenant
- Right click on the add-on and select Information
- In the new window, make sure that the Auto-Update feature is toggled on
- If the Auto-update feature is disabled, click the Update
How to Uninstall Covenant Kodi Add-on?
If your Covenant add-on isn’t installed or working properly, it is better to uninstall the add-on and reinstall it properly. Here is how to uninstall the add-on:
- Go to Kodi and then the Add-ons
- Select Video add-ons and find Covenant
- Right click on the add-on and go to Information
- Navigate to Uninstall and click it to proceed
Covenant is a great add-on especially for users who are using Kodi for the first time since it offers a good catalogue. By following the aforementioned guide, you can easily install Covenant on Kodi, update the add-on and also uninstall it in case of any problem.