Table of Contents
Kodi is an amazing open source media player that is used by thousands of streamers around the world. It allows users to access digital streaming content even if it is not available in their region. Kodi is a totally free service and is absolutely legal. However, legality and validity of its add-ons is subjective.
Here is a step-by-step process to install Kodi of your Amazon Fire Stick.
Step 1: Enable Add-ons from Unknown Sources
- Open Amazon Fire Stick home screen.
- Go to Settings, and click Applications. Turn off the option for Collect App Usage Data.
- Now hit the back button and scroll right to Device. Select Developer Options and turn on ADB debugging and Apps from Unknown Sources.
- Now return to the Fire Stick home screen. Keep going left until you are on the search screen. Type Downloader using the keypad.
- Under the section heading that says Apps & Games you will see Downloader with an orange icon. Click the icon and proceed with downloading and installing it.
Step 2: Install Kodi
- Click Open once the installation is complete. Hit OK. Now type http://kodi.tv and hit the Go Click OK.
- Now you will see a Kodi webpage. Scroll down until you see the part that shows all the available OS. Hit Android, as Fire Stick runs on Android.
- Scroll down and click Android Now you will see a Kodi webpage that says Kodi v17.3 “Krypton”.
- Scroll down and click the download button that is compatible with your hardware. Most Amazon Fire Sticks are 32 bit, so you should select the option that says ARMv7A (32 BIT).
- Let the file download and then hit Install.
Step 3: Add a Suitable Add-on
- Once it says App installed, click OPEN to open Kodi on Fire Stick.
- On the top left, right next to the power button, click the gear icon to open Settings.
- Go to System Settings and navigate to Add-ons. On the right, enable Unknown Sources.
- Now go back to System Settings and select File manager.
- Click Add source and then click none. Now type this URL in the address bar. http://noobsanderds.com/portal. Now click OK. Hit OK again on the next window.
- To ensure that the add-on is enabled, navigate up on the File manager list and click Portal. Ensure that you see REPOSITORY PORTAL and Bits and bobs in the list.
- Hit the back button to return to the home screen. Click Add-ons. Now click the box icon which appears first, right under Add-ons.
- Navigate to Install from zip file and then go to portal. Now select REPOSITORY PORTAL. Scroll down the list and click Elysium Repo (2017.06.10).zip.
Step 4: Use Add-on to watch TV on Kodi
- Once the add-on is installed, click Install from repository>Elysium repository>Video Add-ons> Elysium.
- Now click the Install Wait until the installation is complete.
- Go back until you get to the Add-on In Video Add-ons, click the Elysium icon.
- Open folders according to your interests and preferences and stream the content you want.