Since its launch as a Chrome extension, AdGuard VPN has grown into a comprehensive VPN service. The parent company, AdGuard Software Limited, was founded in Russia in 2009 but relocated to Cyprus in 2014. Here is the AdGuard VPN review.
The main feature of AdGuard is its ad blocker. With their experience in privacy protection, the team decided to release their very own VPN in 2020.
Does the final result compare to its adblocking counterpart? Does AdGuard have a chance to compete with top VPNs?
Read on to learn more about AdGuard VPN Review
A Quick Overview of AdGuard VPN
- Buffer-free HD streaming with fast speeds
- Netflix, Disney+, and Hulu are just a few of the unblocked popular streaming services.
- There are 80 servers in 41 different countries.
- To keep you safe online, this VPN has suitable security and privacy features.
- Five devices can be connected at the same time
- It’s simple to use and compatible with all major operating systems.
- The company provides a 30-day money-back guarantee.
In-Depth Analysis of Features of AdGuard VPN
After testing AdGuard VPN, here’s what we came up with the following data:
One of the most important features of any VPN is speed; the fastest VPNs are those that are able to mitigate speed losses caused by heavy encryption; if your internet speed is adequate, you won’t even notice you’re using a VPN.
We also look for daily fluctuations to see if bandwidth is throttled. AdGuard VPN receives a 9 out of 10 rating based on our findings.
We tested the speed of the AdGuard VPN Windows client from the United States for this review. You might get different results depending on your location and connection speed.
We can conclude from our speed test that AdGuard VPN is a great choice if you need blazing speed. Online gaming, full-HD streaming, and content downloads should all be possible. However, keep in mind our upload disclaimer.
All VPNs encrypt your data so that it can’t be accessed by anyone except you. As a result, your real IP address is masked, your traffic is encrypted, and it refrains from logging any harmful information. We gave AdGuard VPN an 8/10 in that regard because it performs rather well.
The following points are important to remember:
- With AdGuard VPN, users use a proprietary encryption protocol called the “AdGuard VPN protocol.”
- There is no risky information that could be used to trace your traffic.
- A kill switch is built into the device.
- Only your email address and payment information are required to register.
Its beginner-friendly interface and powerful features make AdGuard VPN the perfect VPN for everyone. You won’t have trouble using this app, even if it’s your first VPN ever. For that reason, we give it 8/10.
The following are the most important considerations:
- The website and apps of AdGuard VPN are straightforward and simple to use.
- The setup is simple and straightforward.
- It provides excellent value for money (there is also a limited free version).
- Customer service is good, but there is no live chat.
The Service Network for AdGuard VPN:
When it comes to VPN server networks, we believe that the bigger the better. With more server locations, you can consistently bypass geo-restrictions. It also prevents server crowding and the resulting lag. AdGuard VPN gets a 7.5/10 for its current network configuration.
Let’s go over some of the important factors with that in mind:
- AdGuard VPN has a total of 52 servers spread across the globe.
- Dedicated IP addresses are not available at this time.
AdGuard VPN’s Features and Options
AdGuard VPN has a good selection of add-on features. It appears that a great deal of effort has gone into its geo-unblocking capabilities. If internet freedom is important to you, this makes it a true powerhouse.
The following are some of the additional features offered by AdGuard VPN:
- Netflix (and other streaming platforms) are being unblocked in the United States.
- Torrenting that is both quick and anonymous
Pros & Cons of AdGuard VPN
- Proprietary stealth protocol
- AES-256 encryption
- Servers in 52+ locations
- Automatic kill switch
- Easy to install & use
- Beginner-friendly apps
- Works with Netflix
- Torrenting is accessible
- Reasonable pricing
- Free limited version
- No harmful logs
- Zero dedicated IPs
- No crypto payment option available
- No option of live chat
- No free trial basic plan
- Past controversy
Frequently Asked Questions – AdGuard VPN
Is AdGuard VPN a secure service?
That’s correct. AdGuard VPN has a lot of security features and will keep your data safe from prying eyes. It also adheres to a strict no-logs policy and is not part of the 5/9/14 Eyes Alliance’s intelligence-sharing pact.
Is Netflix unblockable with AdGuard VPN?
Yes, it’s possible. In my tests, I was able to quickly access Netflix US and continue watching my favorite shows without interruption. Hulu and Disney+ are also unblocked by the VPN, but Amazon Prime Video and Peacock TV were not available to me.
Is AdGuard VPN capable of obstructing advertisements?
Actually, no. There is no ad blocking option in AdGuard VPN. You can, however, use the provider’s ad-blocking software. Some features of the AdBlock app will become available if you do.
Is there a VPN with AdGuard Pro?
AdGuard VPN is available as a desktop application for macOS and Windows, a mobile application for iOS and Android, and a browser extension for Chrome, Firefox, and Edge.
How much is AdGuard VPN?
There is a free, basic plan for both the app and the extensions, as well as a paid subscription with additional features.
Wrapping It Up!
The AdGuard VPN offers a wide array of security features and fast connection speeds. It safeguards your personal information without slowing down performance. Also, it’s very simple to set up and start using.
Skim through our detailed review for more details.