There are endless VPN options available on the market. Along with major players like NordVPN and ExpressVPN, there are also many minor players, such as the fairly obscure BeetVPN, whose unsurprisingly high rating is quite warranted.
While BeetVPN claims to be a no-logs VPN, it consistently disappointed in our tests by significantly reducing our connection speeds and logging our user information. Our small server network made it impossible to unblock international Netflix libraries, too.
Besides its ease of use and peer-to-peer file sharing features (though its speed decrease does not make it a fun experience, in the end). There is no “help” section to help you troubleshoot, but customer support is fast and effective.
BeetVPN’s user-friendliness is its only strong point, but even then, there are other providers that perform better in this area. When it comes to usability, Surfshark or CyberGhost are our top recommendations.
Let’s get started!
Specifications of BeetVPN
- Price ranges from $3.59 a month.
- Works well with operating systems including Windows, Mac, iOS, and Android.
- Can have 10 connections at a time.
- Torrenting is allowed.
- Encryption protocols.
- Payment methods include credit cards.
- Money-back guarantee.
- Streams US Netflix.
In-Depth Analysis of BeetVPN
After testing BeetVPN, here’ is what we compiled. Let’s have a look!
In general, VPNs slow down your connection, but BeetVPN’s speed drop was drastic. Because of this, it did not score a perfect 10. We experienced lags and interruptions while browsing web pages and streaming videos as a result of these significant slowdowns. Web pages frequently failed to load, and videos remained buffering for several minutes. Using the internet with this VPN, in short, became nearly impossible.
- Our main observations are:
- Regardless of which server we connected to, BeetVPN slowed us down by more than 80%.
- The speeds were far too slow for routine tasks like browsing the web or watching videos.
- Due to its high ping and slow speeds, BeetVPN is unsuitable for online gaming.
A VPN’s main purpose is to shield you from trackers and other types of threats while you’re online. The security and privacy features of BeetVPN are summarized below, demonstrating why we gave it a 3 out of 10 safety rating.
As part of the payment process, the site requests your name during sign-up. There doesn’t appear to be a way to buy a BeetVPN subscription anonymously as of this writing.
When purchasing a VPN or paying with anonymous methods (such as cryptocurrency), it’s best to use a different email address to protect your privacy. This is done to prevent your VPN account from being linked to your real email address or financial data. These safeguards, however, are nullified when you’re asked to provide your real name.\
Here are noteworthy observations regarding the safety feature of BeetVPN:
- BeetVPN supports UDP, TCP, and Stealth connections and runs on the OpenVPN protocol.
- This VPN encrypts your data with the industry-standard AES 256-bit algorithm.
- BeetVPN, on the other hand, keeps a lot of logs on its users, making it a poor choice for those concerned about their privacy.
- The Windows and Mac apps of BeetVPN include an automatic kill switch to prevent IP leakage.
Although BeetVPN has a pretty user-friendly interface, there isn’t much detail about its features and options. This is why we give it only five stars.
Here are some overall takeaways:
- Although the website is attractive, it lacks in-depth information.
- BeetVPN is a simple and quick to set up VPN service.
- The app has a simple user interface, but it can be difficult to understand at first.
Pricing and Payment Methods:
Although BeetVPN is inexpensive, there are other VPNs that are better and less expensive. Furthermore, there is no long-term subscription option, as the maximum subscription period is only six months. The following are BeetVPN’s prices:
- $3.59 per month for six months ($21.54 total)
- $3.99 per month for three months ($11.97 total)
- $6.99 per month for a monthly subscription
You can connect up to ten devices at once, and the app comes with a 7-day free trial and a 14-day money-back guarantee, allowing you to try it out before committing.
Server Network of BeetVPN:
BeetVPN has servers in 32 countries, the majority of which have only one location. When compared to most VPN providers, who have thousands of servers around the world, this is extremely limited. In this regard, we’ve given it a 2 out of 10 ratings. Due to excessive network congestion, a small server network could be the cause of slow speeds.
Pros & Cons of BeetVPN
- Allows torrenting
- Unblocks American Netflix
- Reliable customer support option
- Doesn’t support major streaming services
- Too low speeds
- Insufficient server network
Frequently Asked Questions
Is it safe to use BeetVPN?
Is BeetVPN compatible with Netflix?
BeetVPN unblocks US Netflix with ease. Other regions, on the other hand, will not be able to watch Netflix.
Are the speeds of BeetVPN any good?
We don’t recommend BeetVPN for streaming or gaming because it reduces your speed by up to 80%.
What is the price of BeetVPN?
A 6-month subscription to BeetVPN costs $3.59 per month ($21.54 total). It isn’t the most inexpensive VPN on the market, but it is reasonably priced.
Wrapping It Up!
A number of BeetVPN’s shortcomings include extremely slow speeds, a small server network, and a lack of features. It also does not respect user privacy, and it can disclose your information to third parties as needed.
Overall, it does not compete well with other VPNs in several aspects, such as speed, security, privacy, and server network. When the service itself isn’t delivering what it promises, good customer service isn’t much use.