Due to the propagation of bogus news, disinformation, and consequent internet outages, India’s internet freedom is deteriorating with each passing year. The frequency of internet shutdowns in India under this government’s jurisdiction has increased dramatically. Here are the Best VPNs for India.
Our recommendation to Indian internet users is to obtain the best VPN for India to secure oneself online till the situation improves. By connecting them to a different IP address, a VPN will encrypt their connection and provide them the internet freedom they deserve. We looked over 150+ VPN providers and came up with a list of 3 VPNs that are ideal for use in the country.
Best VPNs for India In 2022 ( In-Depth Analysis)
1. The Best VPN for India – ExpressVPN
- Indian servers: 3 servers are available in Mumbai & Chennai.
- Unblocks streaming services: Netflix, Hulu, Disney+ Hotstar, Amazon Prime, CBC, BT Sport.
- Encryption protocols: IKEv2, OpenVPN, AES 256-Bit, Lightway.
- Device compatibility: Mac, Smart TVs, Android, Kodi, iOS, Windows, Roku, Fire Stick, PS4.
- Speed: 78.91 Mbps on a 100 Mbps connection
- DNS leak test: Passed
The best VPN for India is ExpressVPN. This VPN has over 3000 servers spread across 94 countries, including three in India, Mumbai, and Chennai. Indian residents can use these servers to circumvent social media censorship and download torrents while maintaining robust identity protection from authorities. Accessing internet streaming content such as Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, BBC iPlayer, and Hulu in India will never be a problem again, thanks to the company’s global network.
Similarly, you can effortlessly access major Indian channels like Colors TV, DD National, Shemaroo TV, Sony Sab, and many others by using ExpressVPN’s Indian servers.
On a 100 Mbps connection, ExpressVPN provides an average speed of 78.91 Mbps, which is ideal for bufferless streaming, torrenting, and unblocking geo-restricted websites.
2. Budget-friendly VPN for India – Purevpn
- Easy-to-use interface with plenty of customization options
- Strong encryption, kill switch, and stores no identifiable user data
- Operates servers in India, great for unblocking content while abroad
- Good streaming speeds
PureVPN is one of the most popular VPN services due to its massive user base and a big number of server locations throughout the world.
Its services include 256-bit encryption, safe DNS, and a VPN kill switch, which means it will pause your traffic if the connection dies, preventing data leaking. As a result, if you’re using the VPN to seed torrents or visit sites that are blocked in India, your name won’t be revealed, perhaps putting you in legal trouble.
If you’re going to be out of the country for a few weeks, PureVPN is a good option. Because it has servers in India, you won’t be unable to access local material, which is usually the case when trying to access sites like Hotstar from outside the country.
3. Secure VPN for India – NordVPN
- Indian servers: 30+ servers available in Mumbai & Chennai.
- Unblocks streaming services: Netflix, Hulu, CBC, Disney+, Amazon Prime, NBC, CraveTV.
- Encryption protocols: AES 256-Bit, OpenVPN, IKEv2.
- Device compatibility: iOS, Mac, Windows, Android, Smart TVs, Fire Stick, Xbox, PS4, Kodi, Roku.
- Speed: 75.81 Mbps on a 100 Mbps connection.
- DNS leak test: Passed.
In India, NordVPN is regarded for providing the most secure service. DoubleVPN, Onion Over VPN, CyberSec, AES 256-bit encryption, and other cutting-edge security features are available through this VPN. Users may also enjoy a log-free experience with this VPN, ensuring complete anonymity and security.
NordVPN has a network of more than 5200 servers in 60 countries, with 30 of them in India, Chennai, and Mumbai. This makes this VPN an excellent choice for Indian citizens and visitors who want to easily access blocked social media and geo-restricted content.
International programming such as BT-Sports, Channel 4, ITV, DAZN, HBO Now, NBC Live, and many others. Dangal TV, DD Retro, Sony Entertainment Television, Sony Pal, and Star Utsav are also available to persons living outside of India.
How To Choose The Best VPNs For India
We spent days putting 150+ VPNs through their paces based on a set of criteria. The following are the criteria we used to evaluate the best VPNs for India:
- Security and privacy: Security and privacy are the most important elements of any VPN service. One of the key benefits of utilizing a VPN is to protect your online privacy. As a result, all of the VPNs we examined had effective security features.
- Speed: There are several myths about VPN speeds that aren’t true. A good VPN service will not reduce your speed by more than 30%. Users can expect fast connections from the VPNs listed above
- Bypassing geo-restrictions: VPNs are also useful for circumventing geo-restrictions. Due to the government’s internet shutdowns, you may desire to access banned information within the country.
- Servers: Why would you want to use a VPN that only has a few servers throughout the world? As a result, we chose all of the VPNs for India that have over a thousand servers throughout the world.
- Money-back guarantee: When it comes to providing an excellent after-sales user experience, refund policies are another key priority.
- Customer support: When utilizing VPN services, users may encounter several difficulties. As a result, all of the providers listed above give users live chat help if they encounter a problem or have a question.
Why Do You Need a VPN in India?
The Indian government keeps track of every internet activity and gathers logs. In addition, the country prohibits several websites. You’ll need a VPN to stop all of this. The following are the reasons why you should use a VPN in India:
- Internet Access Regulation: The Indian government has been limiting access to various websites for quite some time. The fundamental issue here is that they don’t just block websites that are unlawful, immoral, or pornographic and you wouldn’t want to be blocked.
- Government Surveillance: The Indian government has given 10 separate federal agencies permission to intercept and monitor data from any device. They can not only monitor and intercept data, but they can also decrypt it. This information is concerning enough on its own, but it is even more so now that the Indian Supreme Court has declared the right to privacy to be a fundamental right which shows that VPN is essential.
- Media Streaming Legislation: In the country, media streaming and torrenting are more of a grey area. Although streaming is not unlawful, if the website is listed on the banned sites list, it will be considered illegal. As you can see, there are some legal nuances to the situation, and you don’t want to get caught on a technicality.
- Proxy Website Banning: Reliance Jio, one of the country’s leading telecommunications firms, has been accused of blocking proxy websites, according to several sources. This is an obvious breach of net neutrality, which is based on the idea that ISPs should not be able to alter data in any way. The same ISP business can also block multiple VPN service websites. Other ISPs can take the same approach and implement their blocking.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Using VPN In India Legal?
Yes, using a VPN is completely legal in India
Can I use a free VPN for India?
Yes, but our recommendation is to avoid these traps.
What are The Best VPNs for Gaming in India?
ExpressVPN, PUREVPN, and NordVPN are the best VPNs for gaming in India.
How Many IP Addresses Are There in India?
According to our research, there are currently 46,217,738 IP addresses that Indian users use.
With the rise of conservatism and extremism in India’s political scene, VPNs will only become more important as a tool for promoting critical voices without fear of censorship and surveillance. As a result, VPN is the sole established way of circumventing the Indian government’s authoritarian measures and censorship, which is widely used on the internet.