Hate speech on the internet has already sparked social media closures in Sri Lanka. The VPNs mentioned in this article can help you bypass restrictions and increase your privacy.
Sri Lanka’s Internet limitations are inextricably linked to the country’s current law and order crisis. Social media is frequently the target of state-wide blockades based on hate speech and disinformation encouraging communal conflict in the country.
Though it’s difficult to deny that law and order occasionally need stringent filtering, it can be inconvenient for those whose companies and communications rely on social media and the internet.
This is when a VPN comes in handy. We put 150+ VPNs through their paces before naming one as the best VPN for you which we found out to be ExpressVPN.
Top 3 VPNs for Sri Lanka
We evaluated 150+ VPNs for Sri Lanka based on their servers, security protocols, encryption, logging policies, unblocking capabilities, and other factors. We chose the top VPNs from this list, which we’ll go over in depth below. ExpressVPN is our top selection among them.
1. Sri Lanka’s best – ExpressVPN
The best VPN for Sri Lanka is ExpressVPN. It has a phenomenal level of speed and performance consistency. Following are its features:
- Sri Lankan servers: The is one server in Sri Lanka.
- Netflix, Disney Plus, Hulu, YouTubeTV, DAZN, and BT Sport are all unblocked streaming services.
- OpenVPN, AES 256-Bit, and IKEv2 are the encryption methods used.
- iOS, Windows, Mac, Smart TVs, Fire Stick, Kodi, Android, PS4, and more devices are all supported.
- On a 100 Mbps connection, the speed is 78 Mbps.
- Passed DNS leak testing.
- Support 5 device connections simultaneously.
- A powerful network of 3000+ servers in 94 countries
- 30-day money-back guarantee.
If you live outside of Sri Lanka, you may watch local TV networks including ART Television, Channel C, Colombo TV, and Dream TV through its server in the nation.
If you live in Sri Lanka and wish to access all of the world’s major streaming services, you may use ExpressVPN’s extensive server network to access Netflix, Hulu, BBC iPlayer, Amazon Prime Video, and other services.
Furthermore, this VPN provides very effective security and privacy to keep your online identity secure and concealed. If your VPN connection stops, you may use ExpressVPN’s kill switch to disconnect your internet.
On its 12-month plan for $6.67/mo, it gives a 3-month free membership (Save 49 per cent and receive 3 extra months FREE with a yearly plan). This means you can get a 15-month subscription to the VPN’s premium service for the price of a 12-month subscription. ExpressVPN is the finest VPN on the market in 2022.
2. Secure VPN – NordVPN
The most secure VPN for Sri Lanka is NordVPN. This service provider has a massive network of 5200+ servers in 60 countries. It does not, however, provide any Sri Lankan servers. Its main features are:
- Up to 5200 servers in 60 countries.
- 6 simultaneous connections.
- AES encryption with a key length of 256 bits.
- Obfuscated servers, double VPN, CyberSec (adblocker), and onion over VPN (XOR Algorithm).
- On a 100 Mbps connection, the speed is 82 Mbps.
- Apps for iOS, Windows, Android, macOS, Roku TV, Firestick and more.
- 30-day money-back guarantee.
- 24/7 customer support.
Hulu, Netflix, Hotstar, CBS, CCTN, NHK, myTV, Spotify, and YouTube TV will all be accessible through NordVPN’s offshore servers, giving Sri Lankans a variety of alternatives for masking their identity and bypassing banned streaming material.
Apart from the features, NordVPN is an excellent choice for those who value their privacy above everything else. This VPN is available at $3.49/mo (Save 70% on 2 Years Plan + Extra Subscription) and comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee, which is simply too good to pass up.
3. Budget-friendly VPN – PureVPN
PureVPN is a low-cost VPN service that offers over 6,500 servers for streaming, unblocking, and military-grade security. The following are the main features of PureVPN:
- It is possible to connect up to 10 devices.
- DNS leakage is not an option.
- You may use it to do port forwarding.
- AES-256 bit encryption, which is military-grade.
- You can get your money back if you do not want it after 31 days.
- Windows, Mac OS X, Linux, Android, and iOS are among the major operating systems supported.
PureVPN is a firm dedicated to providing simple online privacy and security solutions. It has over 6500 servers in 78 countries to assist people and companies protect their online identities.
PureVPN has a 4.5-star rating with a price of $3.33 per month for a 2-year membership, making it the greatest bang for your buck in the business.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is it legal to torrent in Sri Lanka?
Yes and no, because torrent sites are considered illegal in Sri Lanka. You can use torrents to get copyrighted content from the internet as long as you don’t use them to download copyrighted stuff.
Which VPN in Sri Lanka is the most reliable?
Because of its military-grade encryption, an extensive network of worldwide servers, and strong geo unblocking features, we decided that ExpressVPN is the best-trusted VPN for Sri Lanka after evaluating 150+ other VPNs.
Is it legal to use a VPN in Sri Lanka?
In Sri Lanka, VPNs are entirely legal. In reality, by utilizing a reputable VPN, such as the ones on our list, you may protect your online activity from government monitoring and surf the internet anonymously.
Is it necessary for me to use a free VPN in Sri Lanka?
No. Many free VPN companies are frequently detected selling their users’ personal data and online activity logs to various third-party entities. They have a restricted number of server locations, bandwidth, and connection speeds that are below average.
You must install and use a VPN in Sri Lanka to ensure safe access to all foreign material, total online privacy from potential attacks, and security from tracking.
While there are many candidates for this title, only a few live up to their promises and provide you with the best VPN experience possible. Only one company stands out as the best VPN for Sri Lanka, and that provider is ExpressVPN.