IVPN was created in 2009 by a group of cybersecurity experts from the University of London’s Information Security Group. This origin could be seen in the provider’s continuous emphasis on security and privacy.
Gibraltar hosts the VPN service. This placement is now debatable, as Gibraltar is officially part of the United Kingdom, and hence a member of the 5 Eyes Alliance. IVPN, on the other hand, remains an extremely transparent and secure VPN that keeps no logs of your data traffic.
At the present, nationals, and residents of Ukraine, Russia, and Belarus can sign up for a free account with IVPN.
The main features of IVPN are well-organized and simple to use. The VPN performs admirably in terms of speed. Moreover, the service provider values consumer privacy and security.
We rank IVPN a 7.8 out of 10 scores after evaluation. Following are its key features;
- IVPN’s subscription plans start from only $3.89 a month.
- Supports operating systems such as Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, and Linux.
- Offers 7 simultaneous connections.
- IVPN has a zero log policy.
- Uses strong OpenVPN, IKEv2, and Wireguard protocols.
- Offers Paypal, Credit card, and Cryptocurrency payment options.
- Works with Netflix and uTorrent.
- 30-day money-back guarantee.
IVPN Speed – How Fast Is It?
IVPN states clearly in its terms of service that it cannot guarantee reliable VPN connection speeds. Because of the encryption layers used by a VPN, it is understandable that speeds are not always consistent.
The findings of the speed tests are below:
- No VPN:
Without VPN, download speed was 95.43 Mbps, upload speed of 28.26 Mbps, and 11 pings.
When connected to a server in the Netherlands, the download speed was 94.65 Mbps, Upload speed 28.60 Mbps, and 13 pings.
- US (Los Angeles):
Download speed in the US LA region was 52.70 Mbps, 26.13 Mbps upload speed, and 154 pings.
The greater the distance between the device and the VPN server, the higher the ping. This is to be expected, given the fact that all VPN traffic must be routed over the Atlantic Ocean.
IVPN – How Safe Is It?
It is quite open about its regulations when it comes to safety. They appear to be doing everything they can to keep their consumer’s personal information and online activities confidential.
- OpenVPN is a completely transparent protocol, anyone can inspect it. The OpenVPN protocol is available in seven different versions at IVPN: four UDP versions and three TCP versions. In general, UDP protocols ensure faster speeds, whereas TCP protocols provide even greater security and stability.
- WireGuard is also open source. This protocol is more secure and quicker than OpenVPN. You may pick from eight different UDP protocols while using IVPN.
- IPSec/IKEv2 may be enabled in your iPhone’s iOS app. This protocol is secure and convenient to use when you’re on the road.
Privacy and logging
The provider does not keep the following information:
- Websites you visit
- IVPN timestamps
- Your data use (bandwidth)
- IVPN server locations you connect to
- Your true IP address (it anonymizes the last digits of your IP)
When you connect to the VPN, IVPN keeps a brief track of your account ID to prevent you from having more than one VPN connection open at the same time. This information is removed after you log out.
IVPN also has its rendition of the kill switch. It filters all network packets once it is enabled. This firewall can run independently of the VPN, allowing filtering to continue continuously even if a component of the VPN client breaks suddenly.
We recommend using the always-on feature. This enables the firewall to protect the device at all times, even before the operating system has been enabled. It will not allow any potentially harmful internet traffic to pass through. Only data delivered directly over the VPN connection passes through the firewall.
IVPN’s Usability – Is it User-Friendly?
IVPN’s website and installation procedure
You don’t have to browse the full site or travel through different menus all of the time because most information can be found on the homepage.
You can install IVPN right away by following the steps below:
- Go to the IVPN’s main page.
- Select your desired subscription from the “Pricing” menu.
- Follow the payment procedure’s stages.
- Install the software that is compatible with your device.
- Open the IVPN application.
- To log in, use the account ID you obtained when you purchased the membership.
- To connect to the quickest VPN server, move the slider next to “Disconnected.” You may also change servers by clicking “Connect to” and selecting an option from the drop-down menu.
Payment options and pricing
The IVPN Standard package includes all VPN protocols, as well as the Anti-Tracker function and the ability to connect two devices at once. The following are the expenses for IVPN Standard:
- $6.00 for a month
- $60.00 for a year
- $100.00 for two years
- $140.00 for three years
The three-year membership is the lowest choice, costing $3.89 a month.
The IVPN Pro package supports seven connections at once and includes all VPN protocols and capabilities, including Multi-Hop. The following are the prices:
- $10.00 for a month
- $100.00 for a year
- $160.00 for two years
- $220 for three years
The greatest deal on a Pro membership is to acquire a three-year subscription for $6.10 each month.
The customer care at IVPN is quite quick: we received a response in less than five minutes. Unfortunately, the only way to contact IVPN’s customer service is via email or social media. Although there is a live chat icon on the website, we have never found it to be responsive.
IVPN Server Network
Unfortunately, IVPN only provides servers in a small number of countries. Only 77 server sites in 30 countries are available. Twenty-six of them are based in the United States.
IVPN delivers Multi-Hop as an added layer of protection. This feature allows you to connect to two separate VPN server locations at the same time, making it even more difficult for others to trace your online activities back to you.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is IVPN a safe treatment?
Yes, IVPN employs the most secure encryption techniques available. The service provider does not retain any logs and respects the privacy of its customers.
Can I use IVPN to stream Netflix (USA)?
Yes. We were able to access Netflix USA with IVPN during our rigorous testing. We were able to gain access to both domestic and international libraries.
Can I use IVPN to download torrents anonymously?
Yes. You may gain access to The Pirate Bay through a simple and quick approach. IVPN strongly advises its users to refrain from using their services for illicit downloading.
Is IVPN free?
No. The VPN service provider offers two types of subscriptions (Standard and Pro) with varying durations. The three-year Standard plan, which costs $3.90 per month, is the cheapest choice.
IVPN is a reliable, trustworthy, and secure VPN service. IVPN is one of the safest VPNs we’ve tested, thanks to its clear policies, strong no-log commitment, great VPN protocols, and extra safety features like Multi-Hop and Anti-Tracker.