Private Internet Access (PIA)is currently one of the largest VPN providers on the market. Their emphasis on privacy is one of their best characteristics. Private Internet Access is extremely popular among (bit)torrent users because of its rigorous no-log policy. Private Internet Access is also recognized for its small and minimalistic apps and programs. This may be a bonus for certain customers, but it may be a disappointment for others.
We looked at PIA VPN’s internet speeds, security, privacy, user-friendliness, server network, and extra features when testing it. Our conclusions are summarised in our PIA review, which may be found below.
Specifications of Private Internet Access
- PriceFrom: $2.19 a month
- Operating systems: Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, Linux
- Simultaneous connections: 10
- Torrents: Torrenting is allowed.
- Netflix: Works with Netflix
- Log policy: Zero logs
- OpenVPN, Wireguard, L2TP/IPsec, PPTP
- Payment methods: Paypal, Other, Creditcard, Cryptocurrency
- Money-back guarantee: Yes
Servers of Private Internet Access
The server network of a VPN provider determines your options. When it comes to this, PIA has several incredible features:
- Private Internet Access currently has over 33,000 servers spread over 96 sites in 78 countries.
- In the United States, they have 16 server locations.
- In the United States, the United Kingdom, Canada, Australia, and Germany, PIA provides dedicated IP addresses.
Private Internet Access is currently one of the most popular VPN services. Their reputation for privacy is well-deserved: their no-log policy is unbreakable, and they keep a close eye on any developments in the world that might threaten their users’ privacy. They also have a large number of servers and server locations to choose from, all of which give a reliable and fast connection. Private Internet Access also appeared to support American Netflix and other online streaming as well.
How fast is PIA?
We conducted multiple speed tests to give you a good picture of how Private Internet Access performs in terms of speed. By putting PIA through its paces on a regular basis, we were able to incorporate our own personal experiences. The following are the results:
- The speed tests yielded mixed results, with good results for our local PIA servers and poor ones for the US servers.
- When browsing, streaming, or downloading on a daily basis, the internet speed barely slows down.
Security of PIA
- PIA prioritizes security and privacy, and as a result, it excels at security. Here’s an overview of PIA VPN’s various security features:
- PIA supports a number of robust protocols, including OpenVPN and the cutting-edge WireGuard protocol. There’s also a SOCKS5 proxy. Private Internet Access recently updated all of its PIA VPN servers to include support for the new Wireguard protocol.
- PIA follows a stringent no-log policy.
- PIA includes a kill switch built-in, as well as PIA MACE, which blocks advertisements, trackers, and malware.
- To create an account, you simply need to provide an email address and payment information, both of which you can do anonymously.
Possibilities of Private Internet Access
- PIA offers a variety of additional features and options:
- With PIA, you may stream Netflix from the United States, the United Kingdom, and Canada.
- Using Private Internet Access to download torrents is simple, quick, and secure.
- PIA has a helpful browser extension that protects only the traffic of your browser.
- With PIA, split tunneling is now possible.
Netflix and PIA
Observing (foreign) In the VPN world, Netflix is a popular topic. Netflix is conducting a furious campaign against VPNs, blocking any IP address associated with a VPN provider. As a result, it’s tough for many providers to get Netflix to function with their VPN connection. PIA strives to make it feasible for you to continue to do so.
Torrent and PIA
When using the Private Internet Access servers, you can use P2P to download files. Torrent downloads are simple and quick. Except that you are secured and downloading anonymously, you are completely unaware that you are using a VPN.
PIA Browser extension
Aside from the program, Private Internet Access also provides a browser extension. This works in a similar way to standard PC and smartphone software. The VPN connection does not protect other applications that use the internet but do not run through the browser.
PIA methods of payment
There are three subscription options available from PIA: monthly, yearly, and two-year.
It will cost $11.99 per month if you choose a monthly plan, which you can cancel at any time. A six-month subscription costs $7.50 per month. If you sign up for a two-year plan, you’ll only pay $2.19 per month—this is a limited-time offer, so take advantage of it now! When compared to a monthly membership, this means you save a lot of money.
Frequently asked Questions
Is it safe to use Private Internet Access?
PIA is known for putting a strong emphasis on privacy and security. OpenVPN, PPTP, IPSec/L2TP, and WireGuard are among the VPN’s strong protocols. It has a built-in kill switch and adblocker and doesn’t log any of your data. You can establish an account on PIA entirely anonymously.
Unfortunately, this service provider is based in the United States. Despite this, they’ve demonstrated time and time again that they don’t log any VPN data for the purpose of sharing it with authorities or anybody else.
How much does PIA cost at least?
The cheapest PIA subscription will cost you only $2.03 per month on Cyber Monday. This is the cost of a three-year subscription plus three months more. If you prefer a shorter subscription, such as one year, you’ll pay $3.33 each month. The cost of a monthly subscription is $11,95.
Is Private Internet Access compatible with Netflix?
With PIA, you should be able to access Netflix in the United States, Canada, and the United Kingdom. However, not all of PIA’s servers are compatible with Netflix, and those that are frequently changed. If your server doesn’t work with Netflix, simply switch to a different IP in your PIA dashboard and try again.