Webroot is a company that specializes in data security and cybersecurity. Carbonite, a business that focuses on endpoint and cybersecurity, purchased them. Webroot WiFi Security is Webroot’s VPN, which was released in 2018. It’s compatible with Windows, Mac, Android, and iOS devices.
They provide a VPN service as well as a variety of other products for personal and professional usage. Simple antivirus products to comprehensive cybersecurity solutions are available. Colorado is home to Webroot’s headquarters, as well as Webroot Wifi Security HQ.
Webroot WiFi Security Specifications
- Webroot Security VPN’s subscription plans start from only $3.33 a month.
- Supports operating systems such as Windows, Mac, iOS, and Android.
- Offers 3 simultaneous connections.
- Uses strongL2TP/IPsec,PPTP, and IKEv2 protocols.
- Offers Paypal, Credit card payment options.
- Works with uTorrent.
Webroot WiFi Security: How Fast Is It?
We put Webroot Security through a series of tests to see how fast it was in everyday use. We give Webroot Security a 7.5/10 for speed.
The findings of the speed tests are below;
- No VPN:
Without VPN, download speed was 92.88 Mbps, upload speed of 93.10 Mbps, and 4 pings.
- Netherlands (local):
When connected to a server in the Netherlands, the download speed was 21.17 Mbps, Upload speed 55.77 Mbps, and 9 pings.
The download speed in the US was 12.53 Mbps, 3.02 Mbps upload speed, and 187 pings.
Our ping increased by around a factor of two for the local server in the Netherlands, while our download and upload speeds decreased. Even with these results, surfing and streaming will be rather seamless. In summary, the local servers of Webroot Security appear to function properly.
Webroot WiFi Security: How Secure Is It?
We looked at the protocols that WiFi Security supports, as well as their logging policy and kill switch function. Finally, we looked at the information that Webroot wants to create an account. Unfortunately, we were not impressed by this provider’s approach and gave them a 5/10 for security and privacy.
The following three protocols are used by Webroot:
- IKEv2 is considered a quick and reliable alternative.
- L2TP is regarded as a very secure protocol.
- PPTP is a quick and easy protocol, however, it’s not very secure.
In the WiFi Security dashboard’s settings, you may choose your desired protocol. If you pick “Automatic,” the optimal procedure for your situation will be automatically chosen for you. This is the option we suggest most for new users.
Privacy and Logging
- start and finish hours of a VPN session, as well as the date the session takes place.
- During a session, the quantity of data delivered and received.
- The location of the VPN server to which you are connected.
- The location from which you access a VPN (but not your IP address)
- The number of devices that can connect to your account at the same time.
The headquarters of Webroot are in Colorado (US). It is part of the Five Eyes alliance. As a result, Webroot may share data with government intelligence services, such as the National Security Agency (NSA), as well as other 5 Eyes countries.
It’s under the “Connections” tab in the settings. If your WiFi Security VPN connection fails, the kill switch instantly disconnects all of your internet activity. This implies you won’t be able to release any information unintentionally.
What data does Webroot WiFi Security require?
The firm requires some personal details to register a Webroot WiFi Security VPN account, making it hard to create an anonymous account:
- An email address.
- A billing address and a name
- Your payment information, including your PayPal or credit card information
Webroot WiFi Security: How User-Friendly Is It?
You’ll want the VPN program to be simple to use as a VPN user. The quicker you can set up your VPN, the sooner you can safely access the internet. We looked at the VPN’s website, installation procedure, software, pricing, and customer care in our Webroot Security review. Overall, Webroot performed admirably.
Webroot’s website and setup procedure
The Webroot website’s homepage is simple and available in many different languages. Navigate to the “For Home” area to discover Webroot Security.
Webroot WiFi Security VPN is simple to set up and takes only a few minutes. For Windows, here’s how it works:
- Click “Add to Cart” on the official Webroot WiFi Security website.
- Enter your billing address and payment information, then click “Buy now.”
- Please double-check your email address.
- Install the WiFi Security dashboard on Windows by downloading the installation file.
- When you press “Next” or “OK” three times in a row, WiFi Security will be installed on your computer
- Log in to the dashboard using your account details from step 2.
- Activate the VPN and take advantage of your secure connection!
Webroot WiFi Security’s look and usability
Webroot Security is a minimal, well-organized, and attractive interface. Under “Settings,” the average user will discover all of the settings they require. Moreover, several “automatic” choices can assist you in choosing the optimal server, region, and VPN protocol.
Pricing and Payment Options
Webroot WiFi Security provides two yearly subscriptions:
- VPN for $39,99 per year ($3,33 per month) and Webroot WiFi Security for $39,99 per year ($3,33 per month).
- For $70,01 per year ($5,83 per month), you can get VPN and virus protection.
Your membership will be automatically renewed for the next year, maybe at a different price based on their current offers, as is the case with most VPN companies.
In terms of cost, Webroot’s membership is a good value. You may get the benefits and safety of a VPN, as well as an extra antivirus package, for a few bucks each month. However, there are limitations to alternatives for membership kinds and payment methods.
Server Network Webroot WiFi Security
Unfortunately, WiFi Security may not be the ideal solution for bypassing geo-restrictions. For their server network, we scored them a 7/10.
The following are the most crucial details regarding the Webroot WiFi Security VPN server network:
- Webroot WiFi Security is available in 35 locations throughout the world, with an unknown number of servers.
- Dedicated IP addresses are not available from Webroot.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Webroot WiFi Security a secure VPN?
Webroot Security, their VPN service, is safe and secure. It features a built-in kill switch and supports IKEv2, L2TP/IPSec, and PPTP protocols.
Is Webroot WiFi Security capable of unblocking Netflix?
No. Webroot WiFi Security’s security features are more advanced than its unblocking capabilities. As a result, it’s quite doubtful that you’ll be able to watch Netflix.
What is the price of Webroot WiFi Security?
Webroot WiFi costs $39,99 a year ($3,33 per month) and allows you to connect to the VPN on three devices simultaneously. They also provide a $70,01 a year membership that allows you access to both their VPN and antivirus software.
Are logs kept by Webroot WiFi Security?
Yes. For troubleshooting purposes, Webroot WiFi Security retains records. Connection logs save information about where you connect from and when you browse online. Even if this is anonymous, there is still a risk, especially because WiFi Security occasionally maintains session records as well.
Webroot WiFi Security is an adequate VPN service provider. The business is renowned and security-conscious. This VPN, on the other hand, is not the best for unblocking. It’s also worth noting that it doesn’t provide perfect anonymity.